Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Happy 60th Arlan!

I got up at about 7am this morning (midnight Calgary time) - I did a bit of work and then headed to the airport (via this lovely ruined castle) - then I lined up for an hour or so to get a VAT refund, and as I had done so much shopping, I managed to get $140 back....I should do more shopping next time!

Then the flight was delayed for about an hour due to weather (not really sure what the "weather" was); and then we took an extra long time to get home because of the Iceland volcano which blocked the route, so we had to fly around the ash cloud - so the 8.5 hour flight actually took 10+ hours.

But I made it home to celebrate Arlan's 60th birthday - we had a roast turkey for dinner, but we'll go out for a birthday meal tomorrow - I really need to get back to dieting so that I can fit into all those nice new clothes that I bought :)

And now it's 10.30pm - 22.5hours and counting.  Goodnight!


No comments:

Post a Comment