Total Pageviews

Friday, May 20, 2011

Churchyards and Candles

I just love coming "home" to England.  Walking down the drive to dad's house and smelling the roses - summer is in full bloom; and it seems so effortless here.  In Calgary we have to practically beg the flowers to grow - and they struggle through the cold and frost for a few moments of glory in the late spring.  But I think if you did nothing in England - it would still look glorious.

Paul took me and Lauren for a spin in his new and very shiny car - an Audi convertible; it was very fun, and I'm really quite jealous!  We went up to the Church in Send - look at the road, it's hard to believe that  this is a 2-way road:)

There is nothing quite like English Churchyards - so much history and character - just beautiful:
..and finally this evening I went to dinner with Emma, Lauren and Josh - to celebrate Emma's birthday; I think she will thank me for not showing the photo's of her with the balloon hat on - or the TGI Fridays birthday song - so I'll just include a small memento of the candled dessert -

All in all - a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment