Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Lots of singing

One common thing for me when I move to a new area is joining the ward and Stake choirs, and I must admit to being surprised with both.  The ward choir is small, but absolutely incredible.  The choir director is a bloke that is clearly very talented and he can make this small choir sound awesome.   We hardly worked on notes, it was mostly dynamics...and he has an incredible talent for making simple music sound good.  Apparently he has perfect pitch.

Consequently, I expected the same quality at the Stake Choir.  We practiced this evening in preparation for a Christmas concert next Saturday - and it felt like a first rehearsal; we were learning notes, hardly any time for dynamics, the mini orchestra seemed to struggle with some of the pieces.  I hope no-one ever actually looks at this blog, I sure don't want to offend anyone!  But you know what was impressive....Mr perfect pitch was in the choir and a few other very talented musicians, and none of them interfered with what the choir director was doing.  That takes a fair bit of humility.


No comments:

Post a Comment