Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Those Mormons sure know how to put on a good show

What an incredible day.  It was raining this morning, so I decided it would be a good time to go to the Polynesian Cultural Centre (PCC); I booked onto a tour bus that picked me up close to the hotel and took us to the  PCC - the tour guide explained that the Centre is managed by BYU - Hawaii and all proceeds go to helping fund students at the University.

The Centre itself was fascinating; so well put together; I really left with a deeper appreciation of the multiple and diverse cultures of the Polynesian Islands;  This is a photo of me with the tour guide, Thanathon (from Thailand), just after I had my tattoo done - (apparently it will wash off :) - excuse the hair, I had been caught in more than one rain storm



The show in the evening was breathtaking. It was called "Ha - The Breath of Life" I honestly don't think you could see anything better than this in the West End or on Broadway.  Any show that can make you cry and cheer at the same time deserves a few awards - and it was hard to believe that it was completely done by University students.  I know there is nothing I can say that will do it justice - you just have to come to Hawaii and make a point of seeing it.  This is a photo of one of the cast members after the show - it's a poor photo; but it's all I have...


I snuck out during the tour to go to the Temple - it was just re-dedicated after extensive renovations in November - it was beautiful.  It's always nice to get grounded by spending a couple of hours in the temple.

Days don't get much better than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment