Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The nights are drawing out

I have really enjoyed meeting people at my new job, everyone is genuinely interested in helping; I have a lot to learn but I have learned more about the Oil and Gas Industry in the past 3 days than in my previous 50+ years....and I have learned that I still have lots to learn....but it's a fascinating industry.  HR is HR whatever the industry; but it sure seems like there are some talented people in this team - I think I'm going to enjoy it.

For the first time since I've been at Nexen, I can see it getting crazy busy - if I hadn't been so busy at home tonight I would have brought work home - but I didn't, so we'll see how tomorrow goes, and I admit to being pretty excited about being a little overworked :)

Had a busy night at home - I voted on the way home, because I won't be here on election day, then dropped Arlan off and then raced straight out visiting teaching (had a delightful visit with Sandy), I was supposed to go see the kids in their school play, but was too late, so I had to skip that and get straight home for home teachers...and then to bed.   It was about 8.20 when I was driving home and the sun was still up - if it wasn't for the snow, it would really feel like Spring :)


I kinda like how this photo turned out given that I took it with one hand while driving along Country Hills Blvd - there's probably some kind of law against that.

No comments:

Post a Comment