Total Pageviews

Friday, April 8, 2011

So many photo's, so little space

I know when I get back home next week I will be struggling to think of what I can take photo's of for my blog, and yet today I have so much to choose from.

As a side note, I collect vases from all over the world and we keep them on our kitchen cupboards - it's a kind of fun way to remember some of the neat places we've been.  Yesterday, I bought a vase from the Polynesian Cultural Centre - it wasn't cheap (compared to the other vases); but it met the criteria of being made by a local artist; and it certainly typified Hawaii.

Back to today;  I had to check out from the hotel by noon, but as my flight doesn't leave until 10.30pm, I decided to leave my luggage with the front desk - I decided not to pack the vase in my case, I wanted to keep it separate so that it didn't get broken....you can probably see where this is going...long story short, I  slipped when I was leaving my room, the vase went flying....in slow motion and in spite of my diving headlong to catch it, I failed - and this was the end result...


It looks fine, but you will notice the bottom is completely broken off; so I left it for housekeeping - maybe someone will have the patience to fix it :)

Then I went on a helicopter ride around the island - incredible - I took loads of very average photo's that really didn't do the view justice...here is one of Waikiki...

Then, to kill time I had another HUGE dessert from Dukes...you can see the bottled water behind, I drink that because I'm on a diet :)  It was delicious.

.....and then I sat on the beach for a few hours to darken up the tan; and ate a nice healthy yoghurt before going to the spa - then finally caught the red-eye flight back to Canada

What a delightful day!


No comments:

Post a Comment