Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 7, 2011

It's dangerous when I have nothing to do

...stuck in Hawaii, surrounded by designer stores, and not a whole heck of a lot to do.  It could have been a lot worse.  I scoured the stores for Lei's for my Primary class - one of the girls specifically asked for them - and I'm a push over - so they got them...and some chocolate covered macadamia nuts.  It wasn't my fault that I walked past 3 Coach stores in my efforts to find the Lei's!   I managed to keep the shopping to a minimum, just one Coach purse, and a t-shirt from Dukes - it could have been so much worse!!

I realize that I had meant to take a photo of the incredible dessert from Dukes; they only have one on the menu, and I felt obligated to have it.  I think the only way to remedy this problem is to have it again tomorrow - such sacrifice :)  Nonetheless, I did take a photo of the view from my table at Dukes - this is one of my favourite places!


Last time I was in Hawaii, I realized that surfing is 95% boredom and 5% exhilaration - people have to sit bobbing in the surf and wait for a decent wave; and honestly, they sit there for AGES; I decided to watch them and wait with them for a decent wave to come along, and then I realized that the only thing more boring than being a surfer waiting for a wave is being a photographer waiting for the surfers waiting for a wave...so I took this and went back to shopping...




No comments:

Post a Comment