Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 29, 2011

There won't be any more snow this winter

I LOVE WEEKENDS - but I think I need to get back to work for a rest.

I started the day by clearing the snow from our driveway - there was lots of it.  Then, I had signed up for a 1 mile walk/run with the Calgary Herald Health Club challenge thing.  I THOUGHT this would be relatively easy going, I usually walk more than that almost on a daily basis BUT this 1 mile walk was in a foot of snow, that hadn't been packed or ploughed and it was -17C, so it turned out to be a really good workout.  I didn't even come last!

There were only about 30 people that turned up; even though over 1,000 had signed up, so I felt pretty proud of myself for being there.  This is a photo of most of us at the end...I didn't realize at the time, but I'm standing next to Leslie Horton (from Global News) - she was very amusing.  I also won a free personal trainer session at some gym downtown - not exactly what I call a prize, I was hoping for a box of chocolates.

AFTER the run, I went to pick all the boys up at the airport - first Dad and Boyce...

and then we waited for about an hour for Arlan.  No more peace and quiet at home :(

When I got home, I decided to do the neighbourly thing and clear the snow off of our neighbours driveway because they were away on vacation, and when I finished that I felt bad that I hadn't done the other neighbours driveway, because they were away too.  So I did three, count them, THREE driveways.  After which, we promptly went out and bought a snow blower - hence I can almost guarantee it won't snow for a very long time.



1 comment: