Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 8, 2011

the morning after the night before

every good party needs a good clean up.....thank goodness that Marianne and others were working hard during the party and thanks to Alyson for staying late to help...and to Clint and Kathryn for staying up till gone midnight cleaning up....then this morning we took the Christmas tree down.  Tradition and superstition would have you believe that if you don't take decorations down by 12th night (Jan 6) - you're in for a year of bad luck....so maybe 2011 won't be so good as ours didn't come down until Jan 8!

...and when the tree comes down, the cleaning up starts all over again!  I'm so glad Clint and Ezra were here to help!
After cleaning up Kathryn and I went and did the days chores (grocery shopping/dry cleaning etc)...and we also went to the Telus Convention Centre so that I could register for the Calgary Herald Health Club challenge - this is basically a weight loss challenge, and the grand prize is a trip for 2 to Maui.  I am on day two of another round of the HCG diet - so I've been eating WAY too much food for the past couple of days and then tomorrow I'll start on the 500 cal a day part of the diet....I am so looking forward to dropping 20lbs!!

We also stopped at Toys R Us to buy a play pen for the kids...I've been meaning to do that for about 2 years!!

Finally this evening I went over to visit Jan Hudson, she just had surgery on Thursday to remove a brain tumour, I didn't think it would be good form to take a photo of her, but her scar is very similar to the one Arlan had on his skull earlier this year.  I must say, Jan looks fabulous - hard to believe she just had major surgery a couple of days ago - she is amazing!!

I think I may have over- done it on the sugar today - I really felt quite light headed driving home in the blowing snow!!

Tomorrow is a whole new day - but for now, I just need my bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment