Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Long long day

This is the first time that I went straight to work from the airport when I landed at Heathrow.  I rented a VW Passat.  It has this cool functionality where it turns the engine off every time you hit the brakes, unfortunately I didn't know that.  I didn't really hit the brakes until I was pulling into the parking lot at the shopping centre by the office.  Just imagine how busy the shopping centre parking is a few days before Christmas in the middle of the day - and suddenly the engine cuts out on my car; I had NO CLUE what was going on, and I had NO IDEA that all I needed to do was take my foot off the brake.  So I sat there for a full 10 minutes, reading the manual, trying to work it out.  I can't even remember how I got it going again, but eventually it did - there were a few frustrated drivers behind me tho!  What an adventure!

After work I finally got home to Dad's house - the Christmas decorations were already up - with the exception of the chocolate tree decorations which he left for the kids so that they could eat one for each one they put on the tree :)


No comments:

Post a Comment