Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Happy Christmas

It was a lovely Christmas day, I really enjoy Christmas being on a Sunday - we had quite a short Christmas day service, we just had the Sacrament followed by a violin piece by Francesca Fotheringham, and then Verity, myself and Gerry sang a rendition of "Oh Holy Night" - one of my favourite Christmas songs, then Bishop Fotheringham said a few words and we all went our separate ways for family Christmases

Dad, Emma and I went over to Tim and Kerry's to join in their Christmas Day festivities - Dad and I have been going there for a few years now, but Emma joined this year since she got divorced.  Paul and the kids were over at the Frances for Christmas dinner.  I feel quite at home at Tim and Kerry's for Christmas, even though I was married for the last few Christmases, nothing really changed this year even though I'm separated - it is always delightful to hang out with family!

There is an English tradition of pouring Brandy on the Christmas pudding and set it on fire...they asked me if I planned to eat any before they smothered it with Brandy;  I have never liked Christmas pudding with or without Brandy!!  Here it is being lit (held by Audrey...Kerry's mum)


No comments:

Post a Comment