Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 31, 2011

365 days - I did it!!

It seems like yesterday that I started this 365 day photo blog.  I got the idea from Stella, and the intention was to develop my photographic skills, but in reality, it became very difficult to focus on the quality of the photo, mainly because I lead a very boring life - and especially in the winter, I go to work in the dark and come home in the dark, and photo taking opportunities are very limited.

However - EVERY SINGLE DAY I took some kind of photo - often just snapshots, and occasionally they were thoughtful photo's.  That said, I have found a hidden advantage, this is probably the first time in many years that I have actually kept some kind of journal every day for the whole year.  I am going to get it printed into a book and it will remind me of some of the odds and ends in the year that I otherwise would have forgotten!

I travelled back to Calgary from England today, and decided to go to the movies with Alyson - we saw the latest Sherlock Holmes movie with Robert Downey Jr and Jude Law.   Great movie - at least the part that I stayed awake for - and here is the unusual snapshot for the last day of the year...I wonder if anyone else noticed that there were a couple of aliens hanging out at the cinema?



Then I went back to the hotel and saw the new year in - it was nothing short of a miracle that I stayed awake the whole time!

So - to 2012, I know this will be a wonderful year for me - tomorrow I will start by writing my goals for the year.  I learned a habit from Dee a few years ago, I write one goal (or activity) for each year of my life....it gets harder every year....so now I have to come up with FIFTY ONE things!!  I'll blog the list tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment