Total Pageviews

Monday, February 28, 2011

Where did the last 15 years go

Isn't it amazing that when you see someone for the first time in 15 years, having not spoken at all in that time, that it's as though nothing has changed.  I went to Nauvoo with Jenni and Joffie Heath; haven't seen them since 1996; and we chatted for 5 hours in the car there and 5 hours in the car back, plus hours while we were there.

Now staying at the Merrills in Kansas City - the kids are completely grown now; Daniel must have been about 4 last time I saw him, now he is 18; Thomas is grown up....(remind me to tell you the story of when I was babysitting and he hid in a locker - I thought he had been kidnapped, terrifying!!) - and now he's 6 foot something and all grown up - where does the time go.  Too bad I didn't get to see Stuart; he's away at college.  Chatting with Barbara and Markus is like we just saw each other last week.  Incredible, and delightful

Here they are - (sorry Joff!!)
(L-R; Joff; Emily; Markus; Stanley; Barbara; Jenni)

I feel like I've seen so much in the last couple of days (Nauvoo/Carthage etc) - but I have NEVER seen anything like this before....have you ever seen the closet of a 5 year look like this?...
...and Jenni was apologetic that it wasn't properly colour coordinated - I really need to sort my closet out, I can't be beaten by a 5 year old!

No comments:

Post a Comment