Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 12, 2011

I DID IT !!!!

Apparently all you need to do to prepare for a half marathon is worry about it and make a half hearted attempt at training.  I finished....

The medal is a little over-kill really;  but I wasn't last (there was a 90 yr old with a walker behind me).  I was worried about whether I would have the energy; I had tons of energy, I was worried about whether my muscles would hurt - they just ached a little after about 19K; but the thing that screwed me up a bit was that my FEET were KILLING me after about 9K.  I tried everything to distract myself from my hurting feet; but I just had to work through it.  At least I made it.  My goal was to finish under 4 hours (I know, I know, hardly a lofty goal) so I succeeded, and it was an added bonus  that I wasn't last.  I ran a little and walked lots BUT I FINISHED!!

Driving home was entertaining - wind gusts up to 100 km p/h - I saw about 10 trucks blown off the side of the road - very nasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment