Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

More whitewater than raft

I've done the whitewater rafting thing a few times - usually when the kids come over - this time we went out to somewhere just beyond Lake Louise on some river or other...the water was incredibly cold (5C), and there was a LOT of it - that said, there is less water now, because I swallowed and inhaled about half of it.  Georgia was braver than me - she jumped in and even swam a little - she's crazy.

I'm cheating a little with these photo's, I obviously didn't take them - Georgia and I are in the very front, and in the first photo we are blissfully unaware of what was about to happen - in the second photo Georgia still has her head above water (she is way more observant than me)  I, however, am still smiling under the water - I've chosen not to include the photo showing me gasping for air when I surface again - it's not a good look on me!




On they way home we stopped at Joey Tomatoes for a well earned dinner and delicious dessert!


1 comment:

  1. I love that you had no time to stop smiling by the time you had gone under! Would love to see the next photo!

    ReplyDelete