Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

I knew I'd make it to Hollywood

We flew from Calgary to Anaheim this morning, I can't remember if I already mentioned that Trystan decided to come with us (or rather Alyson decided he might like it) - he is an absolute delight on the trip - and will have way more energy than me when it comes to wandering around Disneyland, so I can spend the afternoon with a long cool lemonade while the kids wear themselves out - perfect.


Day one of our quick trip was in Hollywood - we took a bus tour to have a nose around stars homes - the highpoint was driving down Rodeo Drive...I wish we had stopped to shop for a bit :)


...and then bumping into a real live paparazzi, it occurs to me that the paparazzi job is similar to surfing, you just hang around for ages for a brief moment of glory.  This guy was sitting at the end of the street where Tom Cruise lives, just waiting for the slim chance of anything interesting happening - the rare photo's must be worth a fair bit to make it worth his while lolligagging on the side walk for hours.

Talking about Tom Cruise, we went to the Chinese theater, and they had "characters" hanging around outside, this one really did look like Tom Cruise in Top Gun - delightful

Finally a movie at one of the most famous movie theatres in the world - we made friends with the concessions guys - always useful if you want free drinks and popcorn :)

No comments:

Post a Comment