Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Car chase in North Dallas

What a day.  I had a doctors appointment this afternoon, and was delayed, so had to really hurry home to pack and get to the airport in time for the 7pm flight.  I made it in reasonably good time (5.45) and then suddenly realized that I didn't have my new temporary drivers license with me.

I raced outside, grabbed a taxi and asked him to HURRY back to my apartment and HURRY back to the airport...in the rush hour.  He was brilliant; the two-way journey would normally take 40 mins (with no traffic) - and we got back in 45 mins in heavy traffic, we attracted a few angry horns as he weaved in and out of the traffic on the North Dallas Parkway...but we made it (and got a pretty good tip for his trouble!)  Then I raced through security only to find that the flight was delayed by 2 hours...why oh why didn't the customer service agent tell me that when I got there!!!

Anyway - I made it in good time!!


No comments:

Post a Comment